1. Spinal Movements
Simple & effective movements to free the spine. A set routine to relieve from the ill effects of gravity and bad postural habits on spine
• Covers all basic spine movements
• Decompresses the upper, middle and lower spine
• Improves spine mobility and maintains disc health throughout the adult life
2. Primal movements
What makes us human? Understanding the primal movement patterns performed by humans for creating any and all efforts. Applying these functional lines of efficient effort. We’d learn how to stitch all primal movements together to create a movement flow
• Compensates the effects of a sedentary lifestyle
• Improved mobility throughout the body
• Improves performance in sports and other activities
3. Vinyasa yoga – Surya Namaskar (3 positions of Hip)
A simple sequence of postures done with breath coordination in vinyasa method, to form a complete practice that can be done every day for vitality and strength. In this part of our program, we will Understand the yoga postures through three hip positions and using it to create a sequence that compensates our modern sedentary lifestyle. We will further apply this to safely move into the yoga postures.
• Flushes toxins from the body
• Generates Heat in the body and improves circulation
• Aids in recovery and rejuvenation
• Stress response regulation
• Fat loss and weight management
• Increases hip mobility and stability
• Enables the student to understand how the body functions and the best way to use it in asana sequencing
4. Pranayama – Breath conditioning
Unlocking the potential of breath for health and longevity. Learning about the breath and body connection in strength and power production.
• Breathing exercises to manage stress in daily life.
• Calms the mind and prepares it meditation
• Strengthens / conditions stress response
• Improved concentration and focus
• Improves temperament of the student making them more cooperative and easy going
• Cultivates a deeper understanding and appreciation of yoga
2. Bodywork & Therapy
Drawing primarily from the Thai yoga massage and Toksen along with sports myofascial release and spinal manipulation, our massage system is used as a part of therapy. Myofascial release can help switch off protective pattern of muscle that restrict the involvement of right muscle groups and re-establish right movement
patterns. When used in tandem with yoga and strength building exercises, Toksen and bodywork can accelerate recovery and healing from injuries and build strength in a very harmonious way.
Apart from the recovery aspect of these techniques, a very crucial aspect remains rejuvenation of mind and cleaning of energy lines to create vitality.
• Cleans the energy lines
• Establishes correct musculoskeletal synergy and movement patterns
• Aids recovery from injuries / strain
• Beneficial in chronic pain due to wrong posture or lack of movement
• Opens up postures to support asanas and pranayama
Along with physical bodywork, we also incorporate nada yoga or psychic energy cleaning and vibrational therapy into our program. Using on one side Tibetan singing bowl and on other Vedic mantras chanting, we cleanse Nadis and allows the energy to flow unhindered thus accelerating the body’s healing process.
Using an amalgamation of Nada Chikitsa and Meditation we retrain the mind and help it break free from fixed thought patterns. Sound therapy switches on the body’s natural healing mechanism enabling it to fight off the diseases and rediscover health.
Sound Healing is especially beneficial for Mental and psychosomatic disorders like Depression, Anxiety, Stress and Addiction. Vibrational therapy whether in form of Toksen or Sound healing works directly on the cellular level relaxing the tissues and organs bringing them in harmony with the universal vibration.
1. Yoga for Strength
1. Vyayama and Kasrat
Using a unique mixture of yoga Kriyas and Kasrat. Ancient exercise techniques used by the Great Gamma and Dara Singh; we tap into the strength principles of our ancestors. Traditional strength and endurance through a set of well researched kriyas.
This program will target and improve all aspects of health and vitality like cardiovascular health, stamina, strength, mobility, agility, balance and coordination.
• Improved strength and stamina
• Better performance in sports and activities
• Muscle strengthening leading to positive hormonal stimulation • Helps counteract obesity, Lethargy and aids optimum organ and bone development
• Fun activity-based learning for developing a cooperative team player personality
2. Mobility Work/ Yoga stretch
Using the principles of active stretching from sports physiology, this sequence will help improve muscle tone, flexibility and mobility.
• Improved mobility and flexibility
• Effective cool down after sports and exercise
• Restorative, can be used for active recovery
2. Kasrat for Athletes
In our town, we have a rather large number of athletes. Dealing with this special group requires a very different approach to exercise and yoga. Though an average athlete is very active, we have found several loopholes in their training program which can be very comfortably filled using Yogarambha method. Though an athlete may train anywhere from 4-6 hours in his/her skill, they hardly devote proportional quality time to condition for their sport. Therefore, we see several athletes who injure themselves as they progress in their game. We also see a large number of them hitting a plateau, unable to up their game as they don’t fully understand their body’s movement integration mechanics.
In the athlete’s program, we have superior mobility and fascial rewiring techniques along with powerful breathing correction to help active recovery and superior power production. Our drills help create better hand-eye coordination in non-contact sports like tennis and high sensitivity and touch recognition in sports like wrestling.
• Superior strength training – both segmental and integration
• Customised Gada, Mudgal and Kasrat program to suit athletes needs
• Customised yoga stretches and mobility program to aid active recovery
• Sensitivity drills from shaolin Kungfu and wing chun (SKC) to develop reaction rate
• Agility and coordination training
• Power strike training with sticks (Filipino martial arts) and mace flow vinyasas
1. Shifu Kanishka Combative (SKC)
A clever combination of 7 martial arts by one of India’s most skilled martial arts expert, Shifu Kanishka Sharma. SKC brings the best techniques from different fight systems like shaolin kung fu, Muay Thai, Filipino martial art kali etc, merging it into a system that can be learned easily by anyone. In today’s increasingly threatening world, self-defence and street survival is an essential skill to have.
• Improved Neuromuscular coordination
• Increased speed and agility
• Better mind body coordination and focus that leads to improved memory
• Practical application and enhanced reaction time. Can be applied in real time situations if need arises
2. Wilderness Survival Camps
Inspired from the Japanese concepts of Shinrin Yoku – forest bathing, our wilderness camps help the participants reconnect with nature. We lead treks, camping trips and wildlife spotting trips in Indian Himalayas to encourage students to disconnect from the online world and find joy in simple living.
• Build strength endurance through trekking
• Teach basic survival and life skills like pitching a tent, first aid and other mountain survival tactics
• Develop team spirit, cooperation and encourage collaboration among peers
• Rejuvenate the body mind sense complex
• Develop deep appreciation of nature
• Encouraging sustainable simple living in harmony with environment
1. Annapurna – Growing our own food
A short permaculture course in the lap of Himalayas to allow the modern farmers to explore the options of growing a partially self-sustaining food forest in their urban dwelling. Annapurna, brings together a group of experts from across the country, who are passionate about leaving a positive imprint on the earth. Using organic homegrown techniques suitable for Indian terrain and climate pocket, our permaculture course helps provide practical solution to those who want to start making the shift from highly market driven consumption of food and produce to a self-sustained off the grid living.
• Create awareness about how our food choices affect the environment
• Learning to nourish the body in tandem with yoga and Kasrat practices
• Practical approach to creating a food forest in the urban living
• Connecting with soil and understanding how food is grown – develop a deeper appreciation of the nature
• Inculcate gratitude and joy through simple living
2. Samahritta – one world philosophy
The program is a sustainable living and waste management program developed as a direct result of our treks in Himalayas. Our team is often overwhelmed by the simple self-sufficient lives of the mountain dwellers. They make do with minimum consumer products and more often than not unaware that there is a highly cut throat fast paced life just on the other side of their valley.
We try and promote programs like eco – tourisms, support local artisans by helping them with marketing and sales and language transfer and help waste management and recycling of garbage left behind by tourists. Most of the villages / camps we target are off-beat some so remote, they see a foot fall of not more than 100 tourists a year.
• Experience the contentment of simple living without phones and media access
• Social responsibility of giving back to the society
• Cultural immersion in the mountain life – a first-hand understanding of their tough life
• Perfect place to research water, soil and forest management as resources are limited
1. Samatvam – Inner balance program
A very special program that focuses on studying the scriptures of yoga and Vedanta philosophy. Three-fold process of Sravananam – listening or studying of the Scriptures in a systematic way under the guidance of an Acharya, Mananam – contemplating the meaning and clearing of doubts with regard to what is studied (conviction) and Nititdhhyasanam – regular meditation of the slokas and sutras aimed at purity of mind in which the self-knowledge can be reflected.
The course enables seekers to immerse themselves in an environment conducive for their self – exploration, providing them with tools to turn the extrovert mind inwards.